Plutoid

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic Music collaboration and discussion platform.

3 posters

Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood

AlexProdanovic

Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood Empty Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood

Post by AlexProdanovic Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 am

Have you folks heard about this new film, Junun?

Paul Thomas Anderson (of There Will Be Blood fame) directed a Music Documentary about the making of an album named Junun as part of his creative collaboration with Johnny Greenwood (of Radiohead). Shot in Rajasthan, India, mostly in The Mehrangarh Fort, the film follows the recording of Junun for 54 brisk minutes. Nearly entirely encompassed by music broken up with few, small character moments, the film has more in common with a live dvd than a documentary. The subject matter for me proved fascinating as the group dealt with impressive musical themes and personalities that have enough power to be communicated in those small moments. Add in the troubles of recording in a fort in India(power outages and birds ehehe) and the film provides a fun romp in worldly creativity in a place unfamiliar to most of us(Read as: North American Scum).

I've linked the trailer below and one of my favourite performances from the film(happens to be the first scene).

Trailer:

Track:

What are some of your favourite Music Documentaries?
    Waxlimbs
    Waxlimbs
    Admin

Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood Empty Re: Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood

Post by Waxlimbs Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:44 am

Ohhhh I've heard of this but haven't seen it. Thanks for sharing Very Happy
    Tryouts
    Tryouts
    Admin

Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood Empty Re: Junun - A Paul Thomas Anderson Music Doc featuring Johnny Greenwood

Post by Tryouts Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:57 am

This is very intriguing. I've always like it when eastern and western music collide.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm